Getting Back to Work, Commercial Water Damage Restoration
SERVPRO of Mandarin Professionals Work Around the Clock to get the Convention Center Back to Normal After a Fire and Subsequent Water Damage.
Commercial water damage restoration not only restores a building. It restores jobs and income to the people employed there, products or services to customers, and a healthy environment for everyone who utilizes the structure. If it’s not done right, or on time, the ultimate result can be the closing of a facility, relocation elsewhere, and severe impact to a private business or public organization’s bottom line. Because the scope of water damage in commercial settings is frequently wider and more extreme than in a residential scenario, water damage remediation specialists with experience specific to commercial buildings are positioned to provide effective emergency service when the need arises.
Here’s a typical protocol utilized in commercial water damage restoration:
- All areas contacted with water are inventoried, including affected building materials and furniture. Any wet carpet must be located and identified.
- Wet ceiling tiles may be removed and discarded after the event. Ceiling tiles usually are not salvageable.
- A moisture meter should be utilized to check for water-damaged drywall. Disinfection and mold control techniques may need to be initiated.
- Wet electrical components are assumed to be hazardous. A qualified maintenance technician or electrician should cut off power to affected areas. Inspection by a building inspector or electrician is required to determine the need to replace wet wiring, circuit breakers, outlets and light fixtures.
- Upholstered furniture wet by flood water, roof leaks, or sewage should be discarded. Furniture contacted by drinking water can be air-dried if done within 24 hours. Laminate or hardwood furniture can be cleaned with a disinfectant solution and reused; particle board furniture may be discarded.
- Carpet contaminated by sewage must be disposed. Carpet wet by drinking water or rain water through roof leaks may have water extracted and then be sterilized.
For experienced commercial water damage restoration, contact the professionals at SERVPRO of Mandarin at 904-636-0044.
Facts About Tornadoes
Tornadoes cause widespread damage throughout the United States, especially in theSouthEast and Southern Plains. But how much do know about their destructive forces that tear through our homes and businesses?
Here are a couple of quick facts about tornadoes:
- The average tornado travels Southwest to Northeast but have been known to move in any direction.
- T. Theodore Fujita devised the F0-F5 Scale for tornadoes in 1971.
- Tornadoes are most likely to occur between 3pm and 9pm but can occur at any time.
- In 2006 the National Weather Service unveiled the Enhanced Fujita Scale (EF Scale).
- The USA averages around 1,200 tornadoes every year, more than any other country.
- A tornado normally appears transparent until it picks dust and mud from the ground.
- In the southern hemisphere tornadoes usually rotate in a clockwise direction. In the northern hemisphere tornadoes usually rotate in a counterclockwise direction.
Signs of Danger
- Large hail
- Dark, green tinted sky
- Low-lying rotating cloud
- Loud roar similar to a freight train
We are in the peak of storm season here in Florida and encourage everyone to be weather aware. Have a family plan in the event of a tornado warning. Know where your safe areas are wherever you are.
Have Storm Damage? Call SERVPRO of Mandarin – 904-636-0044
Why Remediate After a Water Damage
Water Damage Stains the Ceiling of this Jacksonville Home's Bathroom. Call SERVPRO of Mandarin at 904-636-0044.
Water Damage Remediation is an extremely important step to take following a Flood, House Fire, Plumbing Leak, or other event that causes Water Damage to your home. Standing puddles of water can prove extremely hazardous and can promote the formation of Mold, Mildew and their spores as well as other substances that threaten the health of you and your family. It's imperative that you begin thoroughly drying your home immediately after water damage has occurred, and hiring a water damage remediation service to do it for you is the best choice you can make.
Water Damage Restoration
Pipes leaking or storm damage doesn't wait for regular business hours and neither do we. We respond to your residential or commercial water removal and cleanup needs. Our fast response time and advanced drying methods help prevent secondary damage and mold. Common causes of water damage are:
- Flooding caused by severe weather
- Plumbing leaks
- Sink, bathtub or toilet overflow
- Sewage backup
When you are dealing with your Jacksonville water damage, immediate action is crucial. SERVPRO of Mandarin responds immediately and use advanced equipment and techniques to remove water quickly. The drying process is closely monitored and documented to verify your property is dried properly and thoroughly.
What is Water Damage Remediation?
SERVPRO of Mandarin Responds to Water Damage at a Home in Julington Creek.
Water Damage Remediation is the term used to refer to the process of repairing and restoring a home or business after an event that resulted in water damage, such as a leak, flood, or fire. Numerous aspects of your home or business can be impacted by water damage, and it's critical that you act fast if you want to prevent further structural damage. Secondary water damage can be extensive, and may even present a threat to the health of you and your family. In order to prevent this, it's recommended to hire a water damage remediation service so these professionals can get to work on restoring you home as soon as possible.
Water Damage Remediation Dries Your Home or Business
Following a flood or fire, thoroughly drying out your home or business is the most critical part of the water damage remediation process. Additional damage can occur as a result of secondary water damage. This can include the growth of mold and mildew, and the development of spores, which can be a serious threat to your health. It can also cause wood to warp and rot, creating a safety hazard, and moist or wet wood also encourages termites. The most effective way to protect against this is to ensure that your home or business is dried as thoroughly and quickly as possible. This can be done using dehumidifiers, water extraction and air movers. Air movers support evaporation through constant airflow, dehumidifiers pull moisture from the air and extraction can be used to get rid of puddles and excess water.
Hire a Water Damage Remediation Professional
Getting your home or business dry is just one small element of the total water damage remediation process. By hiring a water damage remediation service, you will have several contractors working on various aspects of your home or business at once to help speed up the restoration process and get you back into your home or business sooner. If you neglect this essential step, mold, mildew and other hazardous substances can develop in the areas that you never see, such as inside walls and ceilings, beneath carpet, behind baseboards and inside of crawlspaces.
Be Sure Your Insurance Policy Covers Water Damage Remediation
In many cases, Insurance Companies will pay for any water damage remediation or other repair work you need. However, this can depend strongly on where you live, which Insurance carrier you purchased your policy from, and the exact terms and conditions of your policy. To find out whether your Insurance policy covers all or part of the cost of cleanup after water damage, you should contact your provider.
We are standing by 24/7 to help remediate any Water Damage Emergency. Call 904-636-0044.
How to Conserve Water
Water Conservation is Important on the First Coast!
Water conservation is something that we can all participate in, even in areas where water seems abundant. In addition to saving money on your water bill, water conservation helps prevent water pollution in nearby lakes, rivers and local watersheds.
Saving water at home does not require any significant cost outlay. For example, 75% of water used indoors is in the bathroom, and 25% of this is for the toilet. The average toilet uses 4 gallons per flush. You can invest in a ULF (ultra-low flush) toilet which will use only 2 gallons per flush. But you can also install a simple tank bank, costing about $2, which will save .8 gallons per flush. This saves 40% of what you would save with the ULF toilet. Using simple methods like tank banks, low-flow showerheads and faucet aerators you can retrofit your home for under $100.
Using water-saving features you can reduce your in-home water use by 35%. The average household, which uses 130,000 gallons per year, could save 44,00 gallons of water per year. On a daily basis, the average household, using 350 gallons per day, could save 125 gallons of water per day. The average individual, currently using 70 gallons per day, could save 25 gallons of water per day.
For more tips on saving water go to: https://www.watercalculator.org/save-water/.
The Dangers of Water Intrusion in Your Commercial Building
A Sprinkler System Malfunctioned Causing Water Damage in a Commercial Retail Space that was Being Remodeled.
Water intrusion may be more severe in commercial buildings than in a residential setting and the effects more extensive. Many commercial structures have a larger volume water entering the premises through plumbing supply lines and at a higher water pressure. The quantity of outgoing sewage is greater than a typical residence, as well. Also, commercial buildings tend to be of larger square footage than a home, so entry points for water intrusion through areas like the roof, exterior walls or windows are commensurately greater in number, as well.
Water intrusion in commercial buildings can damage high-value equipment like computers and also building services such as HVAC, lighting, elevators and security equipment. Common long-term consequences of water damage like the growth of toxic mold may be even more problematic than in a home due to the larger occupancy of a business or other commercial enterprise. When a greater number of people with a wider range of sensitivity are exposed to mold and bacteria spores, health impacts may be significantly magnified, perhaps leading to an enforced closure of the facility until the situation is fully remediated.
Typical issues from water intrusion in the commercial environment include:
- Water from roof leaks penetrating through ceilings. Chronic leakage through the roof may proceed unnoticed for long periods, hidden by suspended ceiling panels or in electrical or HVAC service areas above.
- Ruptures of water supply lines typically release clean (white) water. Sewage backups or leaks in drain pipes release toxic (black) water that may be a biohazard and require evacuation of the premises.
- Flooding from external sources can result from heavy rains, storms such as hurricanes, rapid snow melt or local overflowing lakes or rivers.
- Moisture intrusion through the building envelope is typically more subtle. Humid outdoor air may be drawn in through structural cracks and gaps. Over a period, chronic dampness forms in spaces like wall voids, unventilated attics and service areas, spawning hidden mold growth that persists unseen.
For professional remediation of water intrusion in commercial buildings and its secondary damages such as mold growth, contact SERVPRO of Mandarin at 904-636-0044.
Water Damage and Flood Water Removal
SERVPRO Water Damage Restoration, 904-636-0044.
Water damage can cost home owners thousands of dollars to fix. When water gets into a structure and it is dried incorrectly, the wood can rot and mold and mildew can form making the occupants extremely ill. Trained and certified to the highest standards in the industry, our professional production team responds immediately - 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - to mitigate loss and meet every challenge with professionalism, reliability, compassion and respect. Our technicians identify the full extent of moisture damage, both obvious and unseen, by using sensors such as moisture detectors and state of the science technology.
Meanwhile, we help homeowners overcome their feeling of helplessness by explaining the process in a way that they can understand what is happening, what to expect, and what they can do. SERVPRO of Mandarin’s commitment to customer excellence includes insurance professionals; which means that insurance agents and claims adjusters can expect effective, ongoing communication and reporting. We understand insurance industry requirements. Our professional production team will provide a complete estimate, including photos, to the agent or adjuster within 24-48 hours.
Call SERVPRO of Mandarin and get quality water damage restoration services, fire and smoke damage restoration, mold and mildew removal and if your home, business or insurance customer needs one of our large selection of biohazard removal services, we are ready, trained and equipped to provide you with any clean up, mitigation and restoration service. Call us today at 904-636-0044 or like us on Facebook for more safety tips.
SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile
The SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile (ERP) will help insure you and your business are "Ready for whatever happens."
In the event of an emergency, the SERVPRO Emergency READY Profile, can help minimize business interruption by having an immediate plan of action in place for your commercial facility. The ERP is a comprehensive document containing critical information about your business, including: Emergency Contact Information, Shut-off Valve Locations and Priority Areas. The ERP is also accessible online using your computer or tablet; download SERVPRO's free Ready Plan app to access this information at any time using your smartphone or tablet.
The ERP also establishes SERVPRO of Mandarin as your preferred SERVPRO franchise in the event of a disaster. Having a plan in place helps minimize the amount of time your business is inactive following a disaster.
The ERP is a no-cost assessment that requires little time, and can same you a lot of time and money in the future.
The Correct Way to Clean After a Fire
We're 'Here to Help' Jacksonville With Fire Clean Up, 904-636-0044.
Inspection and Pretesting
The SERVPRO of Mandarin Professional pretests while inspecting the property to determine the extent of fire damage and the scope of needed cleaning, restoration, and repairs.
- The full extent of the smoke and fire damage. How many materials are affected by smoke or fire? What is the proper method for cleaning? Will your personal belongings need to be relocated while your house is restored? These are just a few of the decisions that must be made.
- Unaffected areas - It can be vital to protect areas that were not affected by soot and odor before the damage spreads to these areas. It will save you money!
- What materials can be restored and what materials must be replaced. Are the smoke residues cleanable? Who is completing the inventory of items that are damaged beyond repair? Fire damage pretesting is vital. A complete inventory is invaluable! How long will the cleanup take? We'll let you know what to expect.
- The most effective cleaning methods. What work procedures will restore the damaged materials?
Pretesting also allows the SERVPRO Mandarin Professional to focus on saving precious items or keepsakes for you.
Once the fire damage mitigation begins, the Franchise Professional will keep you informed and answer your questions, all while working to help make the fire damage “Like it never even happened.”
Need an estimate for fire damage? Call SERVPRO of Mandarin at (904) 636-0044
Mold Remediation in Jacksonville
Call SERVPRO of Mandarin, 904-636-0044 for Mold Damage in Baymeadows, Julington Creek, Durbin Park, Nocatee, St. Johns, Switzerland, and Jacksonville.
Mold can grow almost anywhere in a home or business if conditions permit. If there is visible growth on painted wall surfaces, property owners should be concerned about what may be growing on the wall's opposite side. The environment inside the walls of a house often differs drastically from the outside and could create a perfect haven for mold. If the wall remains wet for a prolonged period, it's almost guaranteed that the mold growth on the backside will be worse than on the front. At that point, containing the work space and removing moldy materials, followed by cleaning of salvageable framing, are the best options.
Mold becomes a problem inside a home or business when there's excessive humidity or moisture for an extended period of time. The problem can originate from sudden water releases, like a burst pipe or large spill that goes untreated, or from a chronic condition, such as a leaking roof or plumbing. Even high humidity or warm, moist air condensing on cool surfaces can trigger mold problems. It's always best to have the mold evaluated and removed by a certified professional.
Certified professionals have the training and experience to:
-Identify moisture sources
-Evaluate mold growth (visible or suspected)
-Contain damage to the smallest area possible
-Physically remove contamination
-Dry materials to ensure that mold will not return
-Perform or recommend procedures for returning property to a preloss condition
SERVPRO of Mandarin has professional technicians that are IICRC certified and trained in mold remediation and we are a State of Florida licensed mold remediation company. Call us for all your microbial related issues at 904-636-0044.