Recent Why SERVPRO Posts
Flood Damage Restoration in Jacksonville
SERVPRO of Mandarin knows how to remove damaged materials, dry, and repair your home properly after a flood.
With knowledge and compassion, SERVPRO of Mandarin understands that a Flood Emergency needs urgency and sensitivity. Our SERVPRO in Jacksonville answers your call 24/7 with an accurate assessment and easy-to-understand explanations of the restoration process. We identify the damage and explain the process. Thorough treatment and respect, SERVPRO of Mandarin use state-of-the-science equipment for drying, dehumidifying, deodorizing, disinfecting water, and flood damage.
Our IICRC Certified Technicians use state-of-the-art technology and equipment which offers superior drying based on the science of Psychometrics. This proven, scientific process measures the dryness of the walls, carpet, and other materials. These measurements are recorded in a log and help our technicians monitor the drying process of your property.
SERVPRO of Mandarin will monitor and mitigate Flood Damage to your property. Don’t be flooded with worry and water! Don't wait, call SERVPRO of Mandarin immediately. When water is on the move, timing is most critical. We have served the communities of Jacksonville for 37 years. Call 904-636-0044 for a water emergency service you can trust and depend on.
We Can Dry You Out
After water intrusion changes your life the next step is to get dry. Getting dry is our number one goal. After a flood and water damage getting dried out is a number one priority to minimize dangerous after effects. Did you know that there is a science behind the drying process?
Having the knowledge of physics metrics is essential to restoring a water damaged structure to its preloss condition. While your initial reaction may be to run for the towels and grab a few fans. SERVPRO of Mandarin Professionals are trained in the science of drying and follow strict industry-approved standards. If your business suffers from water damage, our Jacksonville SERVPRO Professionals will:
Inspect the building to detect every component that is wet, to help prevent secondary damage from happening.
Measure how much moisture is in the wet materials and monitor whether the materials are drying properly.
Speed up mother nature by using professional drying equipment. A wet building will always seek equilibrium and try to dry naturally. When materials are wet moisture will naturally move to drier air. The problem is nature takes too long and secondary damage like mold can occur while you are waiting for your professional building to dry. We use state of the art monitoring equipment and a proven drying process to speed up the drying time in your business.
SERVPRO - A History of Trust and Professionalism
Founded in 1967, the SERVPRO Industries, Inc. Franchise System is a national leader in fire, water, mold, and commercial and residential cleanup and restoration services. SERVPRO's professional network of over 1,700 franchises has responded to property damage emergencies ranging from multi-million dollar disasters such as the Pentagon after 9/11, to those suffered by individual businesses and homes. Providing coverage nationally, SERVPRO Franchise Professionals work with major insurance companies and commercial clients nationwide.
The local franchise SERVPRO of Mandarin has been doing business in Northeast Florida since 1981. Call us today for a quote on commercial and residential remediation and cleaning services, 904-636-0044. Let our team help make your fire, water, mold, bio-hazard, storm, flood, or vandalism damage "Like it never even happened."
The Water Damage Process
Crew Chief, Brian, extracts water from the carpet of an office building in Downtown Jacksonville.
A lot of people may only have one major water loss in their lifetime. We have a proven process that will make it easy for all of our clients, both commercial and residential.
- First hour: Within one hour of notification we will call and arrange for service. Help is on the way!
- The fourth hour: Within four hours of notification we will be on-site starting the mitigation process. With a quick response, it will save money and reduce the amount of damage done.
- Detailed explanation: A SERVPRO of mandarin Tech will explain the step-by-step process and the approximate time that it will take.
- Pretesting: This happens as we work from the source of the damage outward, pretesting for the ability to restore.
- The Eighth hour: Within eight hours we will have a full scope of service and communicate this to all materially interested parties.
- Cleaning & Restoration: We will work diligently to restore and get your property back to a preloss condition and taken care of correctly the first time.
- Final walk-through: Once all work is complete we will walk through with you to make sure you are satisfied.
Why Plan For a Disaster
Call SERVPRO of Mandarin professionals today to help get your business prepared for whatever happens, 904-636-0044.
If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail.
Nobody wants to be in a disaster, but when you find yourself in a storm, standing in water, or at the start or aftermath of a fire it is a great feeling to know we have your back.
The latest research has shown that 50% of businesses close following a disaster. The ones that pull through and make it have a pre-planned procedure in place. Are you ready?
Our Emergency Ready Plan (ERP) will help your business. By developing an ERP it will minimize interruption in your business and provide a quick reference guide to the critical information specific to your building such as key shut-offs for water and electricity. We will also have pictures of where your fire extinguishers are located. The owner, property managers, and top vendors are listed in the ERP which allows you to get in contact with the right people to get your business back on its feet and running.
- this is at no cost to you.
- concise and critical information
- quick guide enabling you to bounce back from a disaster
- identify a chain of command and how to get work started
- key shut-offs in emergency
- establishes SERVPRO of Mandarin as your disaster mitigation and restoration provider
The Right Detection Equipment for the Job
SERVPRO of Mandarin Technicians use Moisture Meters to Detect Moisture Content Leaking from Ductwork.
SERVPRO of Mandarin knows the biggest difference we can make is in our equipment. It is measurable and reduces the loss on a claim report. The right tools do make a big difference, but it also helps when the SERVPRO of Mandarin's trained professionals are on the job fast with the right knowledge to properly dry and save your assets.
It starts with Psychrometrics, Which is the study of air and its properties. The properties of air include temperature, humidity, vapor pressure, and dew point.
We can measure these through:
- Moisture meters are used to determine the actual moisture in the contents of the materials that may be wet.
- Moisture sensors are able to detect moisture in carpets, walls, and baseboards.
- Thermohygrometers measure both the temperature and relative humidity.
Once all of this data is collected, the SERVPRO of Mandarin Tech will be able to determine the humidity, dew point, and vapor pressure. That will enhance the direction and equipment used to start the drying process.
Winter Heating Hazards
50% of all residential heating-related fires are reported during the months of December, January, and February.
Even in Florida, winter brings us shorter and colder days. Most of us like a comfortable and cozy room whether it be in the workplace or our homes. Did you know that heating equipment is the leading cause of home fire deaths? According to the National Fire Protection Association, $1 billion in property damage is due to heating equipment. Some of the common sources are fireplaces, wood-burning stoves, and portable heaters.
Here are a few safety tips this winter.
- Keep anything flammable at least three feet away from any heating source
- keep yourself, children, and pets at a three-foot radius away from any open fires or portable heaters
- Make sure all fireplaces have a metal screen in front of them and all ashes are cool before disposing
- Always turn off portable heaters when leaving a room or going to bed
- Always use the correct fuel for space heaters
- Ensure all chimneys are cleaned and inspected annually
- All heating equipment installation needs to be done by a professional
- Test all smoke alarms monthly
Holiday parties are here! What can we do to make this easier for you? Hotels are getting a lot of extra traffic and if you are a residential owner, company is there for holiday parties and family visits.
A lot of sand and dirt will be tracked in over the holidays and if the Christmas/New Year party gets a little bigger or a lot of drinks are spilled, will you be cleaning it yourself?
Let SERVPRO of Mandarin come in so we can clean the carpets and take out the unwanted odors that are still lingering. Unfortunately, vandalism can happen whether it is in a hotel or a residential home. Don't worry, we do that kind of clean up as well. When we leave, it will look "Like it never even happened."
Happy holidays and a safe New Year from the team of SERVPRO of Mandarin.