Fire Damage to Contents
There was extensive soot damage to this armoire after a fire took place in this home in Jacksonville. The fire was caused by a short in a microwave. The kitchen fire caused smoke to fill the entire house. Contents pack out, cleaning, and restoration was performed by SERVPRO of Mandarin.
There are two different types of smoke-wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Mandarin will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting.